This is the year that you’re finally going to jump in and construct a swimming pool in your backyard. Deciding to undertake this project and setting a budget was the hard part, right? Probably not. You’ll have to decide now on what kind of design you want for it. Remember you will be making a long term commitment so choose wisely!
When you find a pool design – and that includes not only the shape of the pool but the colors of the liner and deck material – try to envision it in your backyard. The swimming pool will become the focal point of your yard so you need to think about how it will fit in with your landscaping and whatever type of outdoor living situation you already have. The pool will definitely add to the ambiance of the backyard.
Grab a few tools and start the journey to design your backyard oasis.
Here comes the fun part of your swimming pool project:
- Go to the bookstore and look at home and garden magazines. Flip through architecture, interior design or travel magazines for inspiration for it. Hotel websites are also a great starting point for swimming pool design and landscaping ideas. Browse the internet for pool builders to see if they have any galleries of designs that catch your eye. You don’t have to necessarily look at local pool builders, you can look nationwide and then find a local pool builder to see if he or she can duplicate the design you found.
- Take notice of the pool and deck tiles that surround the structure you’re looking at. Keep in mind that if you find a design that’s in rainbow hues and you are more of a muted tone family, the swimming pool area will take on a whole new look. Ask your potential pool builder if he or she has access to a design program that can swap various colors in and out of computer aided designs so you can get a true feel for what the completed project will look like.
- Pay attention to those you see on television shows or in movies to see if any of the designs catch your imagination.
- Visit real estate open houses in your neighborhood or in upscale neighborhoods to find inspiration from the swimming pools at those houses.
- When visiting potential swimming pool contractors ask them for the various designs of swimming pools they’ve completed.
- Find out from the local code officer what the setbacks are for property lines for the construction of your swimming pool. Once you have that information in hand, measure your backyard and sketch on some graph paper the proposed pool layout.
- Envision the type of accessories you want in your pool. Will you want a shallow end? Tanning ledges? A hot tub? Waterfall? Wading pool? If you have a large enough yard you can consider adding a wave pool or lazy river feature.
You can let your imagination run wild in the planning phase. Just remember you might have to scale your thoughts back once you put your swimming pool construction budget together. Be prepared with your budget when you speak with potential pool contractors. You certainly want to run your ideas by the pool contractor but be prepared to defer to his or her expertise. Keep in mind, the more imaginative the design, the higher the price tag will be.
After you’ve completed the design process, the fun will truly begin when the project is complete and you and your family have hours to spend in the swimming pool of your dreams.
Puerto Vallarta Beaches – Top 10
Deluxe Motorhome Travel – An Emerging Trend for New Zealand Honeymoons
Gear Up For “Travel Season” With a Mini Laptop Computer